Championing Poverty Reduction Strategies
Chatham-Kent Prosperity Roundtable collaborates with existing poverty reduction efforts while also developing new approaches.
Our goals include:
- Promoting creative thinking and innovative solutions that seek to transform community,
- Continually pursue best practices that improve service administration and delivery,
- Bringing public attention to the impacts of poverty, by collecting, analyzing and disseminating information about those living in poverty in Chatham-Kent,
- Collecting, analyzing and disseminating information about existing programs and services that contribute to poverty reduction,
- Using evidence based research and best practices to inform the development of new strategies and policies to reduce poverty and bring about broader system change,
- Coordinating and supporting the implementation of local poverty reduction strategies (existing and new),
- Strengthening local capacity to promote a healthy, prosperous community through teamwork, collaboration and partnerships,
- Measuring the impact of local action and progress towards improved health and prosperity, and
- Sharing experiences, resources, information and lessons learned,
- Striving for win/win solutions for all partners involved.
Chatham-Kent Prosperity Roundtable also undertakes projects that will raise awareness and understanding of poverty and its effects, build capacity in the community to have an impact on poverty, and directly benefit those living with low incomes. The following is a list of our current projects:
- Poverty Assessment Report
- Lived Experience Advisory Group
- Poverty Awareness Week
- Breaking Barriers Art Show
- Provincial Election Campaign - "Get Informed. Vote."